Thursday, March 2, 2017

February came to a close and with that also closes the chapters of Med Pharm and Principles. The last classes of these two courses came to and end with the exams we took last week. All is left is the big block exam that encompasses what we learn throughout the year and the remaining courses. The block or board exam is a daunting obstacle in the way towards graduation, but I know we can surpass and conquer it. I feel that we learned a lot these past months and all we learned is actually practical for our future even if all of us aren't striving to become practicing physicians. The recent block taught us much about diabetes and it is useful for me since diabetes runs in my family. It is nice to know the mechanisms and current treatments of diabetes. I did not know it was as complex as it was.

My volunteering days at hospital also drew to an end. It was a great experience and I learned so much from the nurses and secretary staff I worked with about how the health care system operates and small details of patient care. I will miss spending time with the new friends I made there but won't miss the late hours.

I am excited to see what the rest of the semester holds for us now that much of the weight of classes have been lifted. The ever unknown future comes toward that door we walk out of everyday, yet a sense of calm is carried as I know we are that much ready to face it.

Feb hours 16
Total hours 32

No comments:

Post a Comment